28 August 2007

Award Winning Brownies!

"I'd like the thank the acadamy...and all those people that helped me with these brownies...wait, I made them all by myself!"

It's true, I made some brownies for a "brownie cook-off" at our ward party on Saturday, and am so excited to tell you that I WON!! These brownies were deemed "the perfect brownie". It was so exciting! Now, they aren't gooey brownies, Tyler likes things undercooked and gooey, these aren'those brownies. But, they are fudgy and chewy and very good!! The recipe gives a recipe for a frosting to use, but I didn't think they needed any frosting or anything, so I didn't use the frosting. Now, I'm new to liking brownies, it was about last November that I discovered a new taste bud-and it really started to enjoy brownies. Before that time, I could just leave them, never even had the desire to eat them...but that all changed on November day.

I thought I'd share the recipe with you and let you have joy in eating them as well! The best part is that the recipe calls for stuff every kitchen has-nothing special or unusual. So, with out further chatter, may I present the Best Brownies.

Best Brownies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Frosting
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
**Just a note, I just stirred everything by hand, no need to mix with a hand mixer or anything like that...I believe that just stirring by hand makes the consistancy of the brownie better...and I know!**

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan. In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 Minutes. Do not overcook.

To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.

Enjoy Fellow Brownie Lovers...Love you all!!!

1 comment:

Mama said...

Well, well, well, then there now. Aren't we special????? For real, Jeni, your just may be the new Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart! Though I have sworn off eating good brownies because of what they do to my figure, I just may have to give these a try. I will have to find someone to share them with so I don'g gobble them all up by myself. I can hardly wait. Many congratulations on winning the prize!!!! That is way good. Where did you get the recipe? Now, don't tell us you made it up by yourself, or that will make me feel like a loser on the brownie scene. Thanks for the recipe and for the results of this major competition! xoxoox Mom