28 August 2007

Another Recipe

Ok, this recipe for banana bread could be my all time favorite! It is from my peep Kristina Werner, who is my kindred spirit I met at a Stampin' Up! regional conference in SLC. She basically rocks. Anyway, I made this recipe as muffins...and they are really the best banana bread I think I've had. I dare you to try them!

Michelle’s Banana Bread—From Kristina Werner
Ingredients:
1/4 lb (cube) butter
1-3/4 c. sugar
4 eggs
3-5 bananas, mashed
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
Directions:
Cream sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time. Add mashed bananas. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Coat rectangular 13x9 pan (or two bread loaf pans) with butter and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar in pan. Pour batter in pan(s) and sprinkle top with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. **I just sprayed the bottom of my muffin tin with pam and then put the cinnamon/sugar in...delish!!"

NOTE: If you use 5 bananas, you should have just enough to make 24 muffins (bake 20-22 minutes). The less bananas used, the more “cake-like” it will be. :)

So I dare you, try them...these are what we'll make when we have yucky "go bananas..." at our house! Hope you enjoy!
xoxoxox

Betty Crocker;)

1 comment:

Mama said...

Of course I'll try them! I know somebody who loves banana bread and he will be glad that I will make this new recipe and see how we like it. Thanks Martha! xoxoox Mom