09 November 2007

A note rParadise





Hey family!


Carolyn and I are sitting at the laptop at the Barcelo La Jolla just south of Puerto Vallarta. We have spent the week since Sunday at the Dreams Resort, but had to move today....and we went from a 5 star to an upgrade...is there such a thing as a 6 star hotel? I got an upgrade when I booked on my travel web site, so we are being pampered here. It is a Spanish theme here, and is very beautiful. We have two rooms, two bathrooms and a balcony overlooking the ocean.


Aside from a very good conference where I got a ton of CPE credit, we did a lot of laying around on the beach, making some great new friends, watching the ocean....and just relaxing.


We have seen plenty of whales, and have released newborn sea turtles into the ocean. We took a 4 x 4 tour through the jungle, and have been in awe of the beauty here. We have had plenty of opportunities to share our beliefs with new friends since we don't drink any alcohol. Both resorts are all inclusive, so you eat and drink all you want. People are blown away that we have 7 kids.


It has been good for us.


We checked my Bishop's website to find that Landon's call was mailed from church headquarters this morning. We should get it by Wed at the latest. We will keep you posted.


Enjoy a few of the pictures. They don't do it justice, but you can see all the beauty...


Brad and Carolyn...

3 comments:

Oldest Girl said...

Some people have such a posh life! Sounds like you are having a great time. Together and alone! What a treat. We wish we were there. Remember when we did Disney! That was so great. Just like yesturday and now our kids are growing up and going to college and on missions!

xoxo
Amy

Oldest Girl said...

Brad what is with the bandanas? Is that part of a special tour group or something?

Dallas Graham said...

Yeah, I made that palm tree... and that bus... soooo... you know, I probably like the beach more.... enjoy cars more... And I have a lot of friends I made on the beach too... like all the beaches around the world have my friends on them... soooo... basically I'm already living on a beach in the Utah mountains... so... I made the mountains too...