12 November 2007

Nibblin' on Spongecake...


Carolyn and I crashed after "wasting away again in Margaritaville". I was disappointed at breakfast when I was "lookin for my lost shaker of salt". Back to mush and water. No more all inclusive resort vacations. What we didn't drink we made up for in food...lest you think I wasted my money. Some people claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know......its my own dang fault.


Some of you have inferred that our trip to Mexico was somehow a bonus for deciding to become unemployed. I made the reservations a year ago, and, well, we just decided to go, even though we are in the midst of a freefall. How exhilarating.


Tonight we had a family night activity to guess where Landon will be called on his mission. The one who is closest geographically will win a "revelation prize". We had Nettie Ann point to the map. Her foreign pick was "Russia" and her stateside pick was "Wyoming". Landon's own pick was Great Britain, and North Carolina.


We are waiting on pins and needles.....ouch.


Anyway, it is so good to be pack in the USA, I was, born in the USA...Born in the USA, we comin' to America. Be...as a page that aches for a word which speaks on a field that is timeless....


Brad

No comments: